From the Fan to the Kaleidoscope mosaic, Revalia’s extravagant shapes offer a torrent of complexity in a palette of colours that couldn’t be more eclectic.
Evaluation of the quantity of ceramic or stone
Before starting your project, it is important to carefully calculate the amount of material you will need. Here's how:
1. Estimate the area to be covered, in square feet.
2.Add about 10%, to cover losses, after taking your measurements in feet.
3. Multiply the result obtained by the price, per square foot, of the product of your choice; add installation cost if applicable.
4. Check how the tile you want to install is sold. Sometimes these products can only be purchased in full boxes.
5. Have your calculations checked by an expert before ordering. This first step is only used to establish the budget for the work.
Advantages of ceramic or stone flooring
• Easy to maintain
• Resists scratches, marks, chemicals and stains
• Very durable
• Incombustible and flame retardant
• Compatible with a radiant floor
Care rules and preservation guidelines for ceramics
Both the broom and the vacuum can be used to maintain these types of floors. To wash ceramic or stone, use water and a mild soap. For ceramics, you can also use a mixture of water and vinegar. Beware of abrasives: they can damage the finish.
• Test cleaning products on small areas before applying them to the entire surface.
• Apply a grout sealer 30 days after installation. However, this step is optional.
• Be sure to read the instructions for use of cleaning products.
• Do not use muriatic acid.
• Do not use steel wool.
• Do not use petroleum or animal fat based detergents.
• Do not wax your ceramic.
Enameled ceramic on floors
• Sweeping, vacuuming or damp mopping with clear, clean water is enough to clean the ceramic.
• If you absolutely must use a cleaning product, choose a no-rinse ceramic cleaner also available at our maintenance products counter.
Unglazed ceramic or natural stone
• Apply a sealer to most unglazed ceramics and natural stones before installing them. Besides that, the maintenance of these tiles is the same as for glazed ceramic floor tiles.
Glazed ceramic wall
• Ceramic wall tiles can be cleaned with glass cleaner or a mild household cleaner. However, it is important to rinse the surface thoroughly after cleaning. On a day-to-day basis, ceramic usually only needs a simple wipe down with a damp sponge or cloth.
• Ceramic tiles installed in a shower require more regular maintenance to remove soap stains and limescale. Normally, all you need to do is spray an all-purpose cleaner on the tile, let it sit for 3-5 minutes, and rinse. A solution of water and white vinegar should overcome stubborn limescale deposits.
• For deep cleaning, use a specialized cleaner available at our cleaning products counter.
• To remove traces of mould, it is recommended to use a commercial fungicide, bleach or ammonia. Do not use these products together. Rinse thoroughly and dry with a clean cloth.