The finish of the wooden slats does not increase their hardness, nor their resistance to shocks or compression. This is why animal claws, stiletto heels or any pointed, sharp or heavy object, as well as objects falling on a wooden floor are likely to leave marks or damage it.
• Vacuum your wood floors often to quickly remove all abrasives (sand, glass shards, crystals, shavings, etc.) that could scratch the varnish.
• Use only cleaning products recommended by your floor manufacturer.
• Never use wax, detergent or oil-based soap on the floor.
• Cleaning varnished floors with a mixture of water and vinegar is not recommended, because over time, vinegar has an oxidizing effect on the varnish.
• Wipe up water, liquids or detergents immediately before they are absorbed into the wood fibers.