Before starting your project, make sure you know the quantity of material you will need. Here's how to calculate it
- Determine the area to be covered in square feet.
- Add about 5% to cover wastage.
- Multiply this number by the price per square foot, adding installation costs, if any.
- Check how the material you wish to install is sold. Some products are sold only by the box.
- Have your calculations checked by an expert before ordering. This first step just helps you draw up a budget.
Advantages of hardwood flooring
- Easy to maintain
- Added value
- Can be refinished