Before starting your project, make sure you know how much material you will need. Here's how to calculate the amount needed:
- Determine the area to be covered in square feet. Then divide this number by nine to arrive at the number of square yards.
- Add about 10% to the total square yardage to cover wastage. Factors such as the roll width and the need to match patterns could result in wastage of between 5 and 20%. The larger the room, the less wastage there will be.
- Multiply this figure by the unit price, adding installation costs, if any.
- Have your calculations checked by an expert before ordering. This first step just helps you establish a budget.
Advantages of a carpet floors
- Soft and comfortable
- Absorbs sound
- Wide choice of colours and textures
- Effectively hides floor imperfections
- Contrary to popular belief, they trap dust