Our types and styles of stairs
Through all eras and styles, the staircase remains an element of decoration that is timeless and easily adaptable to any decor.
? Request information
Types and styles of stairs
In addition to their obvious usefulness, staircases generally form the heart of a home. They can usually be seen from the entrance and often take centre stage. Replacing a staircase can considerably increase a home’s value.
At Lanctôt, we offer two types of staircase: modular and traditional.
- The modular staircase is the staircase of the future. Our experts use laser tools to take accurate measurements, and components are factory pre-cut and finished, so installation is simple and hassle-free. Modular staircases are made of solid wood.
- The traditional staircase is still the most common and is usually installed by a cabinetmaker. Risers and false stringers are made of wood veneer. The price of these stairs is highly competitive.
Whatever type of staircase you choose, we offer every possibility imaginable. Your staircase will be built according to your needs, your budget, and your technical and structural constraints.
Just a few of the styles we offer:
- Central spiral staircase
- Cut stringer staircase
- French stringer staircase
- Traditional closed staircase
- Helical (curved) staircase
- Balanced staircase
At Lanctôt, we can :
- Design a new staircase
- Manufacture and finish custom components
- Formulate a colour to harmonize with your decor
- Suggest individual components
Advantages of a custom-designed staircase
- Harmonizes with existing decor
- Adds value to the home
The cost of a staircase depends on the materials used and the style selected.
We encourage you to bring photos of your existing staircase so one of our experts can give you an estimate. Estimates can also be based on drawings and plans. Measurements must be taken on site before a final price can be given, however.
Have your calculations confirmed by an expert before ordering. This first step is simply to establish a budget.
Care and maintenance of stair
Maintenance will depend on the material used, whether that be carpet, varnished wood, oiled wood, or ceramic tiles. For additional information, please contact one of our representatives or refer to the maintenance section for the material used.